Home Energy & Utilities
- Turn off lights and appliances that aren’t in use.
- Insulate your home and caulk windows.
- Have gas appliances inspected and well maintained.
- Run dishwashers and laundry only when full.
- Use a water saving showerhead.
- Ask your utility providers about a home energy audit.
- Wear clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Buy Energy Star certified products.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient bulbs.
- Adjust thermostat settings to be higher in the summer and lower in the winter.
- Participate in green options offered by energy providers.
- Open blinds and curtains for natural light.
- Open windows and use fans in warmer months.